- No toxic process residuals remain on devices post-processing in a V-PRO Sterilizer.
- STERIS has demonstrated through testing, including user testing, that hydrogen peroxide vapor levels surrounding V-PRO Sterilizers are safe and well below OSHA established time weighted average (TWA) of 1 ppm (1.4 mg/m3) over 8 hours.
- The exhaust system design ensures the hydrogen peroxide gas passes through a catalytic converter as the first step in the process. This helps to prevent the remainder of the exhaust system from being exposed to the hydrogen peroxide gas and therefore minimizing damage and subsequent leaks or odors.
- The control prompts the user to confirm that the current load matches the cycle selected to assure sterile efficacy.
- Cycle tape and control screen clearly document when a cycle has successfully completed or aborted ensuring only correctly processed loads are used when needed.
- The simple chamber design, free of coils and sensors, makes it easy for shelves to be pulled out. This helps avoid tears and rips in the delicate packaging and potentially delayed surgeries.
- Oil lamp indicators on the control screen provide an easy-to-interpret reminder to schedule preventive maintenance and reduce the possibility of oil misting or odors. This ensures that your equipment is operating and performing optimally when you need it the most.
- Leak tests, similar to those for autoclaves, evaluate if air is leaking into the chamber. This built-in safety measure is a predictive maintenance method, and helps to ensure optimal performance.
Learn More about V-PRO® Sterilization Systems