STERIS Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
STERIS is committed to help protect the health and safety of its Customers and employees. Meeting this commitment is a primary management objective and the individual and collective responsibility of all STERIS employees worldwide.
The purpose of this Policy is to establish STERIS’s expectations and commitment for providing a healthy and safe working environment, and for protecting the environment and communities in which STERIS operates.
STERIS is committed to continuous improvement of the health and safety of its Customers, employees, and contractors. Meaningful HSE performance promotes sustainable business practices, and as such, STERIS considers it to be an integral part of the business decision-making process. We will promote a workplace environment to foster engaged, actively involved employees who demonstrate a willingness and a personal desire to achieve a goal of zero workplace injuries, illnesses, spills, and non-conformances to compliance requirements.
It is STERIS’s policy to:
- Embrace the ideal that all workplace accidents and incidents are preventable;
- Reduce HSE hazards and associated risks through strategic investment, preventative maintenance programs and employee training education;
- Comply with all applicable HSE laws, rules, regulations, and company standards. We generally aim to go beyond these standards, not just because they are legally required, but because we believe it is the responsible way to conduct our business;
- As a LEAN company, STERIS will continue its journey to eliminate waste in all aspects of its operations, including programs to reduce discarded materials and the consumptions of natural resources; and,
- Continually measure and evaluate our HSE performance.
In support of this policy, STERIS management will:
- Create and maintain a safe workplace environment in collaboration with our employees;
- Ensure that each employee has an individual responsibility to understand and support our HSE policies and to actively participate in programs to ensure our goals are achieved;
- Monitor and recognize appropriate HSE achievement;
- Require that all employees comply with all HSE related rules and regulations;
- Train each employee to understand that they are individually responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them; and,
- STERIS business units are expected to maintain suitable management systems that align and are equivalent to the ISO 14001 environmental and 45001 occupational health and safety voluntary standards.